Twins Days Theme for 2000 is “Reflection: 25 Years”
As most of you know, this year marks Twins Days 25th festival. In celebration of that monumental milestone, the theme will be “Reflection: 25 Years” The theme was created from within the festival committee, and we want to thank all of you that sent in your ideas.
There were 2,700 sets of twins that registered last year. Again, the numbers were down somewhat for the second year in a row. There were many twins in attendance who did not take the opportunity to register. As a committee, we would like to know some o the reasons why, so that maybe some changes can be made to have more twins officially participate in the festival.
Last year’s festival was fun, exciting and successful! The weather almost cooperated all weekend, except for Saturday evening, when it rained and the fireworks were almost canceled. Though the fireworks were shot off earlier than scheduled to beat the rain that was beginning to fall, it turned out to be another wonderful display enjoyed by all!
SeaWorld is Back With Us!
SeaWorld Cleveland will again welcome twins and their families to enjoy a day at their park. Come see the many new attractions that are now open! Remember, twins are “two-for-one”, and others receive a $4 discount from July 30 to August 8, 2000. More information is available on the SeaWorld flyer in your registration packet (which you can pick up when you arrive at the festival). Follow the instructions, clip the coupons and enjoy a fun-filled day. Visit the SeaWorld Ohio website at http://www.seaworld.com/seaworld/sw_ohio/swoframe.html.
The Royal Court
Remember, the Royal Court is randomly selected from all the twins that are pre-registered by June 15, 2000. So, get your preregistration form, along with the necessary fees, in to our office as soon as possible.
The inserts in the 2000 registration packets will include area maps, schedules, coupons, certificates and other important information for the festival. If you will not be able to attend this year’s festivities but would like to receive a souvenir program, please enclose $4 with your registration form, and two souvenir programs, along with the registration packet, will be mailed to you after the festival.
Sign up for this year’s golf tournament and be a winner! Meet your friends and have a good time! You can put the charges on MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover cards. The tournament will be held at Twinsburg’s Glen Eagle Golf Club on August 4, 2000 and will include lunch, dinner, trophies and door prizes.
Please refer to the separate instruction sheet for filling out your Registration form. The correct method for filling out your form will aid us in processing and entering the correct information to your registration form and make sure our records are correct.
We are asking all twin to please help us offset the associated costs of registration and bookwork by registering. Where else could you go for a cost of $5 per person and receive two souvenir programs ($6), two days’ entry for two ($8), and take part in the largest annual gathering of twins in the world!
The TDFC is trying something new this year. All registered twins will be given semi-permanent bracelets, with the same number that is on the registration packet. This will help the festival committee to keep things better organized. If you plan on returning to the festival on Sunday, please, DO NOT REMOVE THE BRACELET. It is waterproof, so swimming or showering will not be a concern. Bracelets will be put on by our registration personnel. IF YOU DON’T HAVE YOUR BRACELET ON, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE CONTEST!
Attention, all high school twin seniors! Have you been to Twins Days and registered at least three times in the last five (5) years not including 2000? If you have, then you are eligible to apply for two $1,000 Twins Days Scholarships. Call for information and make your application no later than June 5, 2000. Call (330) 425-3652 or send us e-mail to request the application form. (If sending e-mail, be sure to include your full mailing address, as well as a phone number where we can reach you if we have questions). The winners will be invited to attend the Kickoff luncheon to be held on Thursday, August 3, 2000.
Twin Volunteers Needed!
We, the TDFC, would like to extend our sincere thanks to those Twins who have previously helped us in the booths — a big, big THANK YOU for all your help in the past! We would again like to appeal to all twins in attendance — please donate at least one hour of your time, more if possible, helping out with registration, the twins contests, souvenirs and other areas. If you are interested, please call the TDFC at 330-425-3652, e-mail us at email@example.com, or come see us at the festival so we can schedule you.
Pepsi-Cola, one of our major sponsors, has again donated a getaway trip for 4 days and 3 nights for two adults and 2-3 children. The vacation package gives you a choice of exciting destinations from Atlantic City to Williamsburg, Virginia with over 60 other resorts to choose from. There are a variety of amenities designed to help you and your family get the most from your trip.
The vacation celebration is valid this year, so familiarize yourself with the travel guidelines and hope you will be picked as our winner. A drawing from registered twins will be held at the end of July and the winner will be announced and invited to attend the kickoff luncheon on Thursday preceding the festival. So, don’t miss it and get your registration in today.
The registration form has, as a record, the photo that you chose to be sent to you — so make sure that you choose the correct one.
The TDFC offers an unfolded, unwrinkled and uncreased photo. Any photos returned to the office for exchange for a day other than that indicated on the original order will be charged a $5 postage and handling fee per photo, providing that the photo is in resalable condition. Payment in U.S. currency only must be accompany the return. The photo must be in our office no later than December 15 of the year the photo was taken. Any returns received after that will be returned unopened.
Please note: in 2000, any photos returned after December 15 or without the return fee will NOT BE PROCESSED.
- Again there will be NO SMOKING in any of the tents erected on site for the festival. This is for the vendors benefit as well as the customers. We would like to extend our sincere thanks to those of you who did not smoke in a tent last year.
- NO dogs or other pets will be allowed on site. Anyone bringing a pet will not be allowed through the gate on site. The only exception is dogs for the handicapped. Thank you for your understanding. To prevent any problems, please don’t bring your pets.
- Use our Meeting Board located on site (at the entrance) for all the twins and others wishing to contact other twins. Just write the name of the twins you want to meet on the ticket, sign your name, and hopefully they’ll contact you. This was started by Dana Bridges and Debra Bledsoe in 1998. This has been a very popular feature with all of the attendees.
- Rental lockers for the public’s use are available at $2.00 per day rental at the Rental Booth, (the first one on your right side as you enter). Ohio State Sales Tax is included as part of the price.
- Wheelchairs and wagons will also be available for rent at the TDFC Rental Booth. The cost of a daily wheelchair rental is $22.00 per day; the cost of renting a wagon is $5.00 per day. Your drivers license will be required to be left as a deposit. This is being done to ensure that all wagons and wheelchairs that were rented are returned.
- Please come early and let your family enjoy the whole festival, grab a bite to eat and walk through the Arts & Crafts area, stroll through the commercial tent and then to the group photo, stroll through the children’s rides outside the gates and return to your room later in the evening, refreshed and relaxed. Then, return to the site and join the others to watch our 25th year fireworks extravaganza!
- PARK FOR FREE at the Chrysler stamping plant, or pay for Preferred Parking at the NEW TWINSBURG HIGH SCHOOL lot located next to the site on Ravenna Road. Vehicles are $3 per day; motorhomes and buses are $5 per day, on a paved surface. This includes FREE shuttle to the entry gate. The Preferred Parking lot is located adjacent to the festival grounds — watch for the signs as you enter Twinsburg. There will also be an information booth at Chrysler to help our guests. For a return trip, catch a shuttle bus at the entrance to the festival site. See the shuttle bus schedule for times and pickup points.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express will be accepted for any transactions prior to the festival and any purchases at the Official Souvenir Booth during the festival.